Opened on the Longridge to Bathgate (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway).
This was a single platform station, the stone built platform on the north side of the line on the west side of a level crossing, and with a goods yard to the south, approached from the west. A stone station building stood on the platform.
The line opened in 1850. When Bents first opened this was a goods only station with a station house to the south of the line at the east end of the goods yard. This survived the opening to passengers.
The station was not close to any town or even village. To the south was Bents farm. Stoneyburn, just to the east, is a relatively modern development, built after the Great War.
The station closed to passengers in 1930 and line in 1960.
The trackbed is now a footpath. The platform and station building are gone. The station house survives.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
Other railway and industry locations
Crofthead Iron Mine No 7
Addiewell Goods [NB]
Crofthead Iron Mine No 1
Eastfield Engine Ironstone Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|