This is a minimal modern single platform station opend in 1984. The platform is on the west side of the single track line. There is a small station car park.
The station was opened on the site of the previous Kilmaurs station (1873-1966), but with the platform on the site of the former northbound line. The railway was singled in 1973 and northbound line lifted.
The original station was centred a little to the south of the present one. The main station building, replaced in 1914 and which does not survive, was on the southbound platform.
There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the south. The stone goods shed from this survives. It found other uses after closure of the goods yard but is not presently in use.
From 1888 there was a signal box. This was south of the station, near the Crosshouse Road overbridge, and on the west side of the line. It faced the goods yard turn out.
The signal box closed in 1968.
Kilmarnock (St Marnocks)
Riccarton and Craigie
| Crosshouse Junction|
Woodhill Colliery (No 9 Pit)
Busbiehead Colliery Pit No 2
Woodhill Colliery (No 8 Pit)
Plann Fireclay Works
Woodhill Carriage Shed
Woodhill Colliery Pit No 16
Plann Signal Box
Hayside Signal Box
Woodhill Colliery Pit No 14
Busbiehead Colliery Pits Nos 2b,3
Busbiehead Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|26/06/1873||Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway|
Opened throughout, by extending from Stewarton to Kilmarnock. Station opened at Kilmaurs. Additionally Kilmarnock Joint Goods and Kilmarnock Joint Shed opened.
|/ /1966||Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway|
Stations closed at Neilston Low, Uplawmoor, Lugton, Kilmaurs.
|12/05/1984||Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway|
Kilmaurs station re-opened.