This is one of the finest stations in the Greater Glasgow area. It is a two platform station. The main station building on the up platform still stands. Unfortunately the down platform building and signal box, opened with the station, have not survived.
Because the station has been adopted the station is well maintained and has plants and baskets adorning the platforms.
The goods yard is now a station car park. This was on the south side, approached from the west and above the station.
The signal boxes at Patterton and Whitecraigs closed in 1961, the section taken over jointly by the boxes at Neilston High and Muirend.
Priesthill and Darnley
| Clarkston West Junction|
Clarkston East Junction
Thornliebank Dye Print and Bleach Works
Muirend Carriage Sidings
Washwall^s Old Siding
New Braidbar Quarry
Giffnock Brick Works
Washwall^s New Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/05/1903||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Giffen Junction to Cathcart opened for passengers. Lugton [CR], Uplawmoor [1st], Neilston, Patterton, Whitecraigs station opened.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland