This is a two platform station with a car park. Unfortunately the buildings, which were similar to those at Whitecraigs, have not survived.
When opened in 1903 this station was entirely in farmed countryside, south of Patterton Farm.
The main station building was on the Glasgow bound platform with a waiting room on the westbound.
There was a goods yard on the north side of the line, approached from the east.
The signal box was in the ^V^ of the junction between the goods yard line and main line, at the east end of the eastbound platform.
The signal boxes at Patterton and Whitecraigs closed in 1961, the section taken over jointly by the boxes at Neilston High and Muirend.
The goods yard is now the station car park.
Priesthill and Darnley
| Waulkmill Glen Viaduct|
Thornliebank Dye Print and Bleach Works
Darnley Lime Works
Nitshill Chemical Works
Victoria Colliery [Nitshill]
Clarkston West Junction
Washwall^s Old Siding
Giffnock Brick Works
Waulkmill Glen Reservoir
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/05/1903||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Giffen Junction to Cathcart opened for passengers. Lugton [CR], Uplawmoor [1st], Neilston, Patterton, Whitecraigs station opened.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland