Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway.
This was a single platform station - the platform was on the east side of the line a siding, approached from the north, was on the west. The line was built to take two lines, but on the down track was laid.
The station was in a cutting which has since been infilled.
Irvine Bank Street
| Bogside Siding|
Eglinton Colliery No 1 Pit
Bartonholm Sand Pits
Bartonholm Coal Pit No 1
Redburn Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Bogside Coal Pit No 1
Bartonholm Coal Pit No 2
Scottish Maritime Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1924||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Bogside [CR] renamed Bogside Moor Halt. Irvine [CR] renamed Irvine Bank Street. Stevenston [Moorpark] renamed Stevenston Moorpark. Saltcoats [CR] renamed Saltcoats North. Ardrossan Town [CR] renamed Ardrossan North. Ardrossan [Montgomerie] Pier renamed Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier. Kilwinning [CR] renamed Kilwinning East. Kilbirnie [CR] renamed Kilbirnie South. Lugton [CR] renamed Lugton High. Neilston renamed Neilston High.
|28/07/1930||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Irvine Bank Street to Kilwinning East (excluded) closed to passengers. Bogside Moor Halt and Irvine Bank Street closed.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland