This was a two platform station. This was the southern extent of the double track section running south from Inverness Millburn Junction. The line remains open but station is closed.
The main building was on the northbound platform with a waiting room on the southbound. (Similar buildings were at Tomatin and Culloden Moor.) There was a water tank at the south end of the southbound platform. A water column was provided on the southbound platform. A short siding, approached from the south, was on the east side of the line and ran behind the water tank - probably the turntable line.
The goods yard was on the west side, south of the station. It was approached from the north. Its headshunt ran into the goods shed at the south end of the northbound platform.
There were two signal boxes. The north box - which never opened - was at the north end of the northbound platform. The south box was between the goods sidings and the south end of the loop. The south box was partially relocated and rebuilt a little to the north in 1952.
The station closed in 1965. The line north to Culloden Moor was singled in1968 and the box closed in 1969.
Platforms remain but the line is now a single track. No station buildings have survived. The southbound line remains and passes close to the former southbound platform - it has been slightly slewed. The base of the water tank remains.
The station was briefly the terminus of the line from Aviemore between 1897 and 1898 while the line was completed north west to Inverness. The 55 ft turntable was transferred to Wick in 1902.
This was the nearest station to Flichity House, the industrialist William Beardmore^s house.
Castle Stuart Platform
Fort George [1st]
Fort George [2nd]
| Leanach Quarry|
Millburn Wartime Connection
Culloden Battlefield Memorial
Raigmore Level Crossing
Knocknagael Boar Stone
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|19/07/1897||Inverness and Aviemore Direct Railway (Highland Railway)|
Carrbridge to Daviot opened. This section includes the Aultnaslanach Viaduct, (currently the only in use timber railway viaduct left in Scotland).
|01/11/1898||Inverness and Aviemore Direct Railway (Highland Railway)|
Daviot to Inverness, Millburn Junction, opened, completing the shortcut line from Aviemore to Inverness.
|/ /1960||Inverness and Aviemore Direct Railway|
Culloden to Daviot is singled.
|03/05/1965||Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway)
Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Aberfeldy branch closed. Aberfeldy, Grandtully, Balnaguard Halt, Ballinluig, Dalguise closed (and Murthly, south of Dunkeld). To the north Killiecrankie, Struan, Dalnaspidal, Tomatin, Moy, Daviot, Culloden Moor closed.