This was a single platform halt with a timber platform and wooden waiting shed. The platform was on the south side of the line.
The halt was opened by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway as late as 1935, despite repeated calls for a halt.
Some of the cutting this was located in is still present, often lined with bagged bales. There are no obvious remains.
Dunkeld and Birnam
Black Island Platform
| Logierait Viaduct|
Blair Athol Distillery
Pitlochry Festival Theatre
Pitlochry Fish Ladder
St Mary's Church Grandtully
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Half a sign
A sign survives on the nearby road which, having been damaged, reads
on one side and
on the reverse.
|03/05/1965||Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway)
Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Aberfeldy branch closed. Aberfeldy, Grandtully, Balnaguard Halt, Ballinluig, Dalguise closed (and Murthly, south of Dunkeld). To the north Killiecrankie, Struan, Dalnaspidal, Tomatin, Moy, Daviot, Culloden Moor closed.