This was a one platform station with a small size Highland Railway timber building.
There was a small goods yard with a loading bank at the east end of the station and north side of the line. A goods shed was added in 1878.
The signal box was north of the goods turn out. The box closed in 1935, replaced with a ground frame.
The station remained open util line closure in 1965.
The site is now a carpark. The trackbed has been filled in in recent years but the platforms can still be seen. A railway cottage was at the east end of the yard. This cottage, dating from 1886, is gone.
Black Island Platform
Dunkeld and Birnam
| Logierait Viaduct|
St Mary's Church Grandtully
Pitlochry Fish Ladder
Pitlochry Festival Theatre
Blair Athol Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|03/07/1865||Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway)|
Aberfeldy branch opened. Stations opened at Grandtully and Aberfeldy.
|03/05/1965||Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway)
Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Aberfeldy branch closed. Aberfeldy, Grandtully, Balnaguard Halt, Ballinluig, Dalguise closed (and Murthly, south of Dunkeld). To the north Killiecrankie, Struan, Dalnaspidal, Tomatin, Moy, Daviot, Culloden Moor closed.