This station, with staggered platforms, was on a double track section of the Ballochney Railway. It replaced Arbuckle station which was to the north east. To the south west was Ballochney Junction.
The station closed in 1930 and line in 1956.
Clarkston (West Moffat)
Commonhead (Airdrie North)
Airdrie Hallcraig Street
| Ballochney Junction|
Stanrigg Oil Works
Whiterigg Coal Pit
Standrigg Ironstone Pit
End of Ballochney Whitrigg Branch
Whiterig Brick and Tile Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1862||Ballochney Railway|
|01/05/1930||Monkland and Kirkintilloch RailwayBallochney Railway
Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Coatbridge (Greenside Junction) (excluded) to Manuel Low Level (excluded) closed to passengers. Commonhead, Rawyards, Airdrie Hallcraig Street, Whiterigg stations on the Ballochney Railway closed. Longriggend, Slamannan, Avonbridge, Blackston Junction, Bowhouse, Causewayend [MR] [2nd] closed.