This was a double track junction east of Coatbridge Sunnyside. It was formed between the Kipps branch of the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway and the later New Monkland Line (Monkland Railways).
To the east, in the ^V^ of the junction was the Mosside Works while Kipps shed was on the north side of the Kipps branch.
To the west was Coatbridge Sunnyside and, north of the station, the siding for Sunnyside Engine Works.
The box, on the north side of the junction, closed in 1960, taken over by Sunnyside Junction box.
The site ceased to be a junction in 1971 with the closure of the remains of the line east to Kipps Incline Foot (the original route). Its formation is now difficult to see.
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Gartsherrie [M and K]
| New Gasometer|
Sunnyside Engine Works
Kipps Brick Works
Waverley Iron and Steel Works
Summerlee East Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1861||New Monkland Line (Monkland Railways)|
Opened to goods and minerals from Greenside Junction to Brownieside Junction.
|01/05/1930||Monkland and Kirkintilloch RailwayBallochney Railway
Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Coatbridge (Greenside Junction) (excluded) to Manuel Low Level (excluded) closed to passengers. Commonhead, Rawyards, Airdrie Hallcraig Street, Whiterigg stations on the Ballochney Railway closed. Longriggend, Slamannan, Avonbridge, Blackston Junction, Bowhouse, Causewayend [MR] [2nd] closed.
|18/08/1971||Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway Ballochney Railway|
Greenside Junction (excluded) to Kipps Junction closed.
Vanished Railways of West Lothian