This was a single platform station with three sidings. The platform was on the east side and built in timber. There was a stone built loading bank. The goods shed was in the yard, but not rail served.
The original station was slightly different, with a passing loop on a corner and siding on the east side. With enlargements to the station the nearby road to the west was realigned.
To the north was Bowhouse Junction, junction for the Bowhouse Branch.
A signal box, for the station and junction, opened in 1892 and lasted until it was replaced with a ground frame in 1926.
The A801 has been realigned to cut through to the south of the former station on the level. The stone loading bank remains and the mound of the timber platform.
Causewayend [MR] [1st]
Causewayend [MR] [2nd]
Manuel High Level
Manuel Low Level
| Bowhouse Junction|
Causewayend Incline Top
Causewayend Engine House
Maddiston Craigend Colliery
Gateside Nos 1 and 2 Collieries
Almond Iron Works
Blackstone Colliery Pit No 3
Blackstone Colliery Pit No 2
Muiravonside Country Park
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Ballochney Junction to Causewayend [SR] opened. Slamannan, Avonbridge, Bowhouse, Causewayend [SR] opened.
|01/05/1930||Monkland and Kirkintilloch RailwayBallochney Railway
Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Coatbridge (Greenside Junction) (excluded) to Manuel Low Level (excluded) closed to passengers. Commonhead, Rawyards, Airdrie Hallcraig Street, Whiterigg stations on the Ballochney Railway closed. Longriggend, Slamannan, Avonbridge, Blackston Junction, Bowhouse, Causewayend [MR] [2nd] closed.
|/ /1960||Slamannan Railway|
Blackston Junction (excluded) to Bowhouse (excluded) closed to freight
Slamannan Junction Railway|
Closed from Bowhouse to Causewayend Junction to Whitecross Brick Factory (excluded).
Vanished Railways of West Lothian