Opened on the Slamannan Railway.
This was a single platform station on the south side of the line and west of a level crossing.
From east of the station a loop ran east to Blackston Junction. North of the station was the goods yard, served from the east across the level crossing. A goods loop ran from west of the station to east of the station.
There was a signal box here by the level crossing from 1892. It became a gate box in 1930 (with closure to passengers and closure of the line west to Airdrie) and closed in 1934.
At an earlier date there were loops to the east of the level crossing, the station to the west and the line was single track.
The station became a goods terminus approached from the east, the line closing completely in 1964.
The station site has been landscaped, the trackbed west is now a dirt road. Level crossing gates survived into the 1980s. The goods yard is housing and an industrial estate.
Causewayend [MR] [1st]
Causewayend [MR] [2nd]
Other railway and industry locations
Blackston Junction Yard
Righead Coal Pit
Blackstone Colliery Pit No 1
Blackstone Colliery Pit No 2
Avon Viaduct [Westfield]
Blackstone Colliery Pit No 3
Gateside Nos 1 and 2 Collieries
Craigrigg Colliery Pit No 1
Eastrigg Colliery Pit No 2
Eastrigg Colliery Pit No 1
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|