This station was located at the junction between the Slamannan Railway and the Arden or Arbuckle branch of the Ballochney Railway. It was just east of the junction on the Slamannan. There appears to have been a platform on the south side of the line.
To the immediate west was Arden Junction which had loops on both routes.
The opening date may have been 1848.
The station closed in 1862 and was replaced with by Whiterigg station, to the west.
A signal box opened here in 1888 on the north side of the line controlling remaining sidings and the end of a double track section from Whiterigg, to the west. It closed in 1931, a year after the line closed to passengers.
The line to Arden was closed by 1900.
Stanrigg Pit Disaster was to occur in 1918. This mine was located just to the east of Arbuckle.
The line east beyond a pit at Arden closed in 1949 and that west closed in 1956.
Clarkston (West Moffat)
Commonhead (Airdrie North)
Airdrie Hallcraig Street
| Arden Junction|
Stanrigg No 1 Pit
Coal and Ironstone Pit
Arbuckle No 2 Pit
Old coal Pit
Stanrigg No 3 Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1841||Slamannan Railway|
|/ /1862||Slamannan Railway|
Longriggend, Blackston Junction opened. Arbuckle closed.
Vanished Railways of West Lothian