Shields Road [GPJ]

Location type


Names and dates

Pollokshields (1863-1925)
Shields Road [GPJ] (1925-1966)

Opened on the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


This was a was a two platform station.

To the immediate south opened the two platform Shields Road [CGU] station of the City of Glasgow Union Railway creating a four platform station. Further south again, across the gulf of the General Terminus and Glasgow Harbour Railway cutting, were the two platforms of Shields station. Immediately to the west is Pollok Junction.