Golspie

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Golspie (1868-)

Opened on the Sutherland Railway.

Opened on the Duke of Sutherland^s Railway.

Open on the Far North Line.


Description

This is a single platform station which retains its station building, now a house after spending several years derelict and at risk. There was a passing loop here but the northbound platform and line have been removed. The platforms were slightly staggered. Adjacent, and to the south, of the station was Golspie Shed. A goods yard was to the east of the station. A skew arch viaduct crossed the line just to the north of the station, but this has been replaced by a modern concrete bridge.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67