This is a single platform station, immediately to the north of the Oykel Viaduct with a short timber portion at the south end. The station building is in a state of ruin. Culrain station is to the south over the Oykel Viaduct. The station has no car park.
The station has always had only one platform. The building was in the cottage style typical of the line.
The signal box was at the north end of the platform.
The goods yard was to the north, on the west side. It consisted of a pair of sidings serving a loading bank, one of the sidings of considerable length.
The box became a ground frame only in 1902. The box was removed in 1964.
| Oykel Viaduct|
Lairg Oil Depot
Dalmore Signal Box
Dornoch Firth Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Bonar Bridge (Inverness and Ross-shire Railway) to Golspie opened with stations at: Invershin, Lairg, Rogart, The Mound and Golspie.