Bathgate Upper

Location type


Name and dates

Bathgate Upper (1870-1956)

Opened on the Longridge to Bathgate (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway).


This was the third station opened in Bathgate. It appeared in working timetables as Bathgate E&G until renamed by the North British Railway. The station replaced the first station opened in Bathgate, the original terminus of the Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway at Bathgate [1st].

This was a through station which allowed trains to run from Edinburgh to Polkemmet Junction where the line divided into lines to Airdrie and Morningside [NB].