Balbardie Steel Works (1907-2009)
Served by the Longridge to Bathgate (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway).
This foundry was operated by the North British Steel Foundry Ltd, associated with the Menzies family. It was opened in 1907 and made track components for the railway industry.
There was rail access from the north with a connection from the east end of Bathgate Upper station at Bathgate Central Junction. The sidings ran west then south west from the junction. To the west was Polkemmet Junction and the east a mineral line.
Ultimately this was a works of Balfour Beatty. The works was relocated to South Queensferry and, as of 2018, is now owned by Progress Rail .
The Bathgate site has been cleared and is now a shopping centre and car park.
Other railway and industry locations
Bathgate West Junction
Bathgate Central Junction
Chemical Works Signal Box
Bathgate Truck Factory
Bathgate Chemical Works
Iron and Gas Coal Pit
Bathgate STVA Aborted Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|