This incline was 5100 ft long with a 1 in 25 gradient and gained 200 ft. The higher end was to the north with an engine house.
With modernisation of the line the incline was bypassed by a deviation via Dronley in 1860. A short portion was retained at the south end to serve quarries.
Two other inclines existed on the Dundee and Newtyle Railway, the Law Incline and the Hatton Incline.
Baldovan and Downfield
Offset at Back of Law
Ninewells Junction [Station]
| Balbeuchley Engine|
Auchrie Quarry Siding
Rose Mills Chemicals
Eastfield Road Bridge
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|