Dronley

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Dronley (1860-1955)

Opened on the Dundee and Newtyle Deviations (Scottish Central Railway).


Description

This station was on the deviation which allowed the Balbeuchly Incline to close.

This was a single platform station, on the north side of the line. To the west, on the other side of a bridge over a minor road, was a goods siding, approached from the east.

A portion of platform remains. The goods yard is now a car park. The trackbed is a footpath.

12/06/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map