Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Dundee and Newtyle Railway.
This halt was at Burnhead. There was a short passing loop on the line crossing a level crossing.
This was replaced, in 1860, with the new alignment which avoided the Balbeuchly Incline. A new station was required as the connection made with the existing line was to the west of the station.
The old trackbed can be seen as a line of trees, just to the east. The station site is rough ground to the west and ploughed out to the east.
Alyth Junction [Bay platform]
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Baldovan and Downfield
| Eastfield Road Bridge|
Auchrie Quarry Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|