Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway



Dates

  /08/1848Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway
The Dundee and Perth Railway, having take a lease of the Dundee and Newtyle Railway in 1846 and entered into a long term operational agreement with the Dundee and Arbroath Railway in 1848, changes its name to the Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway.
  /  /1850Dundee and Arbroath Railway
Lease of line to the Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway ends.
  /  /1857Dundee and Newtyle Railway
Dundee magistrates order the Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway to remove the Dundee and Newtyle Railway's harbour branch which ran as a street tramway between Dundee Ward Road and the Dundee Earl Grey Dock. Negotiations led to the DP&AJR having to promote a deviation (the Lochee Deviation, owned by the DP&AJR) avoiding the Law Incline and removal of the street tramway, replacing it with a locomotive worked line.
  /07/1859Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway
Act for the Lochee Deviation, Ninewells Junction (on the Dundee and Perth Railway) to Fairmuir (on the Dundee and Newtyle Railway), passed. Dundee Ward Road and the Law Incline were to close and trains terminate at Dundee Union Street (later Dundee West). Also for the deviation from Rosemill to Auchterhouse [2nd] replacing the Balbeuchly Incline.
  /  /1863Scottish Central Railway Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway Dundee and Newtyle Railway
The Scottish Central Railway absorbs the Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway and its lease of the Dundee and Newtyle Railway. The North British Railway is granted running powers over both the Dundee and Perth Railway and Dundee and Newtyle Railway routes.
  /  /1881Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway Caledonian Railway
Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway absorbed by Caledonian Railway.