Location type


Name and dates

Portpatrick (1862-1950)

Opened on the Portpatrick Railway.


This station was the terminus of the line, although, by reversal at the north end of the station, a train could continue on to Portpatrick Harbour station.

This was a single platform station with two loops, sidings and a locomotive shed. After closure of the harbour line the platform was extended north onto the former trackbed.

After being replaced with a ground frame, the signal box was relocated to Barrhill.

The station yard is now housing and the station building has not survived, however two station cottages remain.



Station terminus

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67