This was a single platform station with the platform on the north side of the single track line, just east of a level crossing. A siding, approached from the west, was to the south. This goods yard siding had a loop and cattle pen at the east end. The station building was at the west end.
The platform, particularly its east end, survives. The station building survives in use as a house. To the north is the former Colfin Creamery. The line remained open east to Stranraer Town for goods only until 1959 to serve this. It closed to the west in 1950.
Transit (London Road [Stranraer])
Challoch Junction Golfers Platform
| Pitlanton Viaduct|
Stockton Haulage Depot [Stranraer]
Stranraer Harbour Junction
Cairnryan Junction Yard
Dunragit Creamery Siding
Little Gennoch No 2 Level Crossing
Little Gennoch No 1 Level Crossing
Challoch Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Portpatrick to Stranraer opened. New stations at; Colfin and Portpatrick.
Portpatrick to Stranraer closed to passengers. Portpatrick and Colfin stations closed. Portpatrick to Colfin (excluded) closed to all traffic.
Colfin to Stranraer Town (excluded) closed to freight.
Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Railways (Library of Railway History)
|Rails to Portpatrick (Local History Series)|
The Port Road: Dumfries to Stranraer, Portpatrick, Kirkcudbright and Whithorn