Cults

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Cults (1853-1966)

Opened on the Deeside Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station just east of the Den of Cults. The main station building was on the eastbound platform. There was a goods yard to the north, approached from the east.

The eastbound platform was the original when the line first opened as a single track. This had a siding where the second track was laid during doubling, that siding being approached from the east.

After the line was singled, the eastbound platform remained in use.

The station building and two platforms remain intact here, although the westbound one is difficult to see in summer.

The original station here, (it relocated around 1855), may have been south of Cults House, just to the west.

The Ordnance Survey Name Book in 1863 described the station <

A station on the Deeside Railway for goods and passengers. It is about 4 Miles from Aberdeen and built of wood.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map