Banchory [1st]

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Banchory [1st] (1853-1859)

Opened on the Deeside Railway.

Opened on the Deeside Extension Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

The terminus of the Deeside Railway opened from Aberdeen in 1853. It was rebuilt in 1859 when the Deeside Extension Railway extended the railway west to Aboyne.

The goods yard was to the south, approached from the east.

East of the station were the Banchory Works and Banchory Shed [1st].

The station was rebuilt again in 1902/03. Banchory [2nd].


Tags

Station terminus