Corpach

Corpach

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Corpach (1901-)

Opened on the Mallaig Extension (West Highland Railway).

Open on the West Highland Line.


Description

This is a single platform station. It is close to the basin of the Caledonian Canal and its Corpach Basin and the sea lock. Corpach retains its small timber station building, not typical of the line. The platform is on the north side of the line and there is a barrier protected level crossing to its west.

A long goods siding ran from east of the station to terminate north east of the station.

Tomonie Signal Box was to the east and beyond that is the Banavie Swing Bridge and Banavie station.

To the west was Annat Signal Box and the line runs west on the north bank of Loch Eil to Loch Eil Outward Bound.

1.3 miles from Banavie Junction [2nd].

10/11/2019

Tags

Station




Nearby stations
Corpach
Banavie
Banavie Pier
Fort William
Fort William [1st]
Loch Eil Outward Bound
Locheilside
Gairlochy
Spean Bridge
Invergloy Platform
Ballachulish Ferry
Roy Bridge
Ballachulish (Glencoe)
Kentallen
Glenfinnan

Other railway and industry locations
Corpach Basin
Camus-na-ha Sidings
Annat Signal Box
Tomonie Signal Box
Banavie Swing Bridge
Kilmallie Mill
Neptune^s Staircase
Banavie Junction [2nd]
Fort William Shed
Lochy Viaduct [Fort William]
Fort William Goods
Annat Sidings
Tourist/other
Camusnagaul
Fort William Aluminium Pier
Fort William [Fort]
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.


Corpach as a terminus


Corpach was used as a terminus for one train a day from Fort Augustus, the 2.40pm (*). It was slightly tortuous, the train reversed at Spean Bridge and Fort William [1st] on its journey.

* 24 hour clock use was not adopted until 1965.