Crianlarich Lower

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Crianlarich [CandO] (1873-1953)
Crianlarich Lower (1953-1965)

Opened on the Callander and Oban Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This was a two platform station. The station building on the down platform was a typical later Callander and Oban Railway timber building but with a canopy along the length of the building.

There was a goods yard, approached from the east.

The loop was lifted around 1921, the up platform line being removed, largely due to the opening of a loop further west at Crianlarich Lower Junction in 1897.

After closure east from Crianlarich, in 1965, the station and goods yard became a timber depot. The loop was re-installed operated by a ground frame.

The yard has closed and line cut back to a short stub at Lower Crianlarich Junction. The site is now partly built upon.

01/04/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67