Killin [2nd]

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Killin [2nd] (1886-1965)

Opened on the Killin Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This was a single platform station. There was a goods yard to the west of the station, approached from the north (Loch Tay) direction.

After closure of the line to Loch Tay, cunning use of gravity shunting could be made here to round a passenger train although many continued to Loch Tay to round.

The site is now a carpark and council depot.

08/11/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67