Opened on the Callander and Oban Railway.
This was a two platform station with a loop. It was originally a single platform station, possibly doubled not long after opening. The station was noted for the ornate stork fountain of Cruachan granite, the choice of the stationmaster as a reward for many years of service. After station closure this was moved to the garden of a house in the village.
There was a goods yard at the south end of the station, on the east side of the line accessed from the south.
The original station building burned down in 1893 and was never replaced with a substantial structure. Both platforms had small timber buildings.
Little now remains of the station, except the relocated kissing gate at the former entrance. Much of the site is now housing.
Callander Ticket Platform
Balquhidder Old Church
St Bride^s Crossing
Glen Ogle rockfall
Meall na Dige
Callander and Oban Junction
Stob Coire an Lochhain