Kingshouse Platform

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Kingshouse Platform (1871-1965)

Opened on the Callander and Oban Railway.


Description

This was a halt serving the nearby Kingshouse Inn (to the east) and road to Balqhidder Glen (to the west).

It was a single platform, on the east side of the line, with a waiting shelter.

The halt was located south of the road to the glen.

Little, if anything, remains of the halt. The trackbed is now a walkway.

12/04/2018

Tags

Station halt

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map