Cardonald Junction (1891-)
Opened on the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway.
Opened on the Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway.
This single lead junction is just west of Cardonald station. Its most recent purpose was to reach Deanside Transit.
The original purpose of this branch was as the junction for the Shieldhall Branch (Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway).
This junction and the line fell out of use before 1895, before the opening of the Glasgow and Renfrew Railway (1903), Shieldhall Goods and the King George V Dock (1931).
The line is presently out of use. Not far beyond the junction is a loop on the branch.
King George V Dock Platform
Ibrox [Govan Platforms]
Ibrox Excursion Platforms
Other railway and industry locations
Clydesdale Engineering Works
Cardonald Brick Works
Shieldhall North Junction
Clyde Engine Works
Howden Craigton Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|