This branch was initially private. It served the Co-op complex at Shieldhall.
The branch was disused in 1895 before opening of Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway, Shieldhall Goods and the King George V Dock.
The branch is now closed, except for a short section between Cardonald Junction and Shieldhall Junction used for access to Deanside Transit. This portion currently (2019) sees no traffic.
|/ /1891||Shieldhall Branch (Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway)|
Existing (closed) line purchased by the Caledonian Railway and Glasgow and South Western Railway.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This former goods yard site is on the west side of the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. With little difficulty the branch could be re-opened as a passenger line from Cardonald Junction to serve the hospital. The trackbed is intact including the M8 closing the trackbed by bridge.