Deanside Transit (1942-)
Served by the Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway.
This is a rail served transit depot near the M8, King George V dock, and Braehead shopping centre in Glasgow, just west of Cardonald and north of Hillington East. It is owned by Russell Logistics. The depot was noted for its four 08 shunters in Russell livery (initially light blue, later lilac).
The railway to the depot is currently not in use. Other Russell depots at Mossend Marshalling Yard and Coatbridge Freightliner Terminal remain railway served.
The depots at Deanside Transit and Braehead Transit were Second World War developments. Deanside was built by the Royal Canadian Airforce and the Clyde Navigation Trust took over after the war. Deanside was formerly served by the Glasgow and Renfrew Railway at both the north and south ends. The south end connection was taken out in the late 1960s. Access from the north is by reversal, a loop being provided at the former Deanside station.
The depot is now owned by Russell Logistics .
King George V Dock Platform
Whiteinch Victoria Park
Scotstoun Show Yard
Other railway and industry locations
Shieldhall North Junction
King George V Dock
Cardonald Brick Works
Renfrew Cable Works
North British Engine Works
Scotstoun Shipbuilding Yard
Scotstoun Iron Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|