Hillington East (1952-)
Opened on the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway.
This is a two platform station to the south and east of the Hillington Industrial Estate. There is an old station building on the westbound platform.
To the east of the station is Cardonald Junction. To the west was the start of a branch serving the industrial estate.
The line here was originally two tracks but was quadrupled to increase capacity and then later reduced to two tracks. It is now three tracks, the third line being laid between the existing two in anticipation of the opening of a branch to Glasgow Airport, which didn't open, and to increase capacity.
King George V Dock Platform
Ibrox [Govan Platforms]
Ibrox Excursion Platforms
Whiteinch Victoria Park
Other railway and industry locations
Cardonald Brick Works
Shieldhall North Junction
Clydesdale Engineering Works
Clyde Engine Works
Howden Craigton Works
King George V Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|