|30/12/1878||Uddingston Junction to Fullwood Junction (Caledonian Railway)|
Mossend branch opened for goods from Uddingston Junction to Fullwood Junction and a curve from Mossend Junction to Holytown Junction. This allowed trains from the Shotts route to approach Glasgow Central rather than Buchanan Street.
|01/05/1879||Uddingston Junction to Fullwood Junction (Caledonian Railway)|
Mossend branch opened for passengers from Uddingston Junction to Fullwood Junction.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This junction is east of Uddingston station. It is the junction between the Glasgow to Motherwell direct line (the 1849 Clydesdale Junction Railway) and line to Bellshill (1878 Uddingston Junction to Fullwood Junction (Caledonian Railway)).
This is a two platform station. The station is elevated above street level and has a footbridge.
This junction was south of the western platforms of Mossend station on the Mossend West Junction to Mossend No 1 Junction curve. The junction opened in 1902 when a new line opened south to Milnwood Junction, effectively quadrupling the line from Jerviston Junction (to the south) through Milnwood Junction to the south end of Mossend Marshalling Yard at [[Mossend No 1 ...More details
Holytown [1st] station closed when this station, just to the north, opened with two platforms on the line south and east and a further two platforms on the west to north curve of the Mossend junctions.
At Milnwood Junction, just south of the former Holytown [1st] and south of the former Mossend station and Mossend Marshalling Yard, lines from Bellshill, Mossend and Holytown meet. To the south was Jerviston Junction and the lines to Clydesdale Steel Works.