This is a minimal two platform station. There is a car park on the north side.
At its height this was a four platform station - two through platforms and a bay at either end - a bay on the south side at the west end of the westbound platform and a bay on the north side at the east end of the eastbound platform.
The platforms were canopied. There were no goods facilities.
Holytown Colliery Pit No 8 was to the west, south of the line. Holytown Colliery Pit No 5 was to the east, north side of the line.
Holytown Junction is to the east.
There was a signal box at the west end of the station on the north side of the line. This opened in 1880 when the Wishaw Deviation (Caledonian Railway) opened, starting from Holytown Junction to the east of the station (and controlled by a separate signal box). The station box closed in 1957.
| Holytown Junction|
Carfin Chemical Works
Carfin Boiler Works
Carfin Brick Works
Lanarkshire Bridge Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/06/1880||Wishaw Deviation (Caledonian Railway)|
Law Junction to Holytown opened. Stations opened at Wishaw Central and Overtown Waterloo.
|01/12/1930||Wishaw and Coltness Railway|
Morningside [CR] to Holytown (Cleland Junction) closed to passengers.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Old Newmains and the Villages Around Wishaw
Wishaw 1896: Lanarkshire Sheet 18.03 (Old O.S. Maps of Lanarkshire)