Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Station code: UDD National Rail ScotRail
This is a two platform station. The red sandstone station building on the Glasgow bound platform remains standing. The goods yard was on the other side of Glasgow Road, north of the line and approached from the east. The original station, Uddingston [1st], was on this side of the road. Just to the east is Uddingston Junction.
To the west of the station is a bridge over the Clyde (Clyde Viaduct [Uddingston] and alongside the original bridge over the river, no longer in use. The newer bridge is to the north. This section of line was never four tracks, the old bridge was just never removed.
Bothwell [North British]
Bothwell Park Halt
| Uddingston Junction|
Clyde Viaduct [Uddingston]
Viewpark Colliery Signal Box
Blantyreferme Nos 1 and 2 Colliery
Uddingston Cement Depot
Bothwell and Uddingston Gas Works
Haughhead Colliery Signal Box
Clydeside Coal Pit
Bredisholme Collieries Pit No 2
Tannochside Colliery Pit No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1899||Mossend West to Mossend South Curve (Caledonian Railway)|
Authorisation for the line from Uddingston via Bellshill to Motherwell. This is the short curve from Mossend West Junction (west) to Milnwood Junction (south) at Mossend.