Uddingston [1st] (1849-1878)
Opened on the Clydesdale Junction Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
The first Uddingston station was on the east side of the Glasgow Road bridge, replaced by the current Uddingston station on the west side. The permanent station building, on the westbound platform, was built in 1853.
There was a goods yard to the north, approached from the east.
The station was closed and replaced by Uddingston, just to the west, probably in preparation for the opening of the line east to Holytown from the new Uddingston Junction which was built directly east of the original station. At the same time the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway line was opened (goods in 1877 and passengers in 1878) providing competition. No doubt the Caledonian Railway wanted to improve their facilities.
Bothwell Park Halt
Bothwell [North British]
Other railway and industry locations
Viewpark Colliery Signal Box
Clyde Viaduct [Uddingston]
Uddingston Cement Depot
Blantyreferme Nos 1 and 2 Colliery
Bothwell and Uddingston Gas Works
Bredisholme Collieries Pit No 2
Clydeside Coal Pit
Haughhead Colliery Signal Box
Tannochside Colliery Pit No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|