|/ /1898||Dornoch Light Railway|
Dornoch Light Railway authorised.
|02/06/1902||Dornoch Light Railway|
Dornoch Light Railway opened from The Mound (Sutherland Railway) to Dornoch. Andrew Carnegie spoke at the opening (he owned Skibo Castle at Skilbo near Dornoch).
|01/01/1923||Dundee and Newtyle Railway
Arbroath and Forfar Railway
Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway
Glasgow and South Western Railway
Callander and Oban Railway
Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway
Cathcart District Railway
Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway
Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Committee
Brechin and Edzell District Railway
Dornoch Light Railway
Wick and Lybster Light Railway|
Grouped into London, Midland and Scottish Railway.
|13/06/1960||Dornoch Light Railway|
Dornoch to The Mound (excluded) closed to all traffic. The Mound closes to passengers.
These locations are along the line.
This was a two platform junction station - one platform on the main Far North Line (with a loop on its north side) opened in 1868 and a branch platform of 1902 (also with a loop, on its south side), located just to the south, on the closed Dornoch branch.
This was a single platform halt on the north side of a level crossing alongside Loch Fleet. The platform was on the south side of the line beside the road. To the immediate west was a road junction.
This was a single platform station, with a siding and loading bank to the north, served from the east. The platform was on the south side of the line. The station was to the east of a level crossing.
This was a terminus in the north of Dornoch. It was a single platform station with a locomotive shed on the east side of the line at the north end and a goods yard to the west of the passenger station. The platform was on the east side of the site alongside a rounding loop. Photographs of the station when open often show Dornoch Cathedral in the background, it was to the south of the station.