Slateford

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Slateford (1871-)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.

Open on the Edinburgh to Glasgow via Shotts.


Description

This is a two platform station in the south west of Edinburgh.

The station, the third of its name, replaces the earlier Slateford [2nd] station which was to the west.

To the west of the station was a branch to Gorgie Cattle Market [CR] and to the east is Slateford Junction where a British Railways built curve runs to Craiglockhart Junction on the Edinburgh, Suburban and Southside Junction Railway. Slateford Yard is to the east, in the 'V' of the junction.


Tags

Station