Slateford [2nd]

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Slateford [2nd] (1853-1871)

Opened on the Redford Barracks Branch (Caledonian Railway).

Opened on the Gorgie Cattle Market Branch (Caledonian Railway).

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This two platform station was west of the present Slateford station. It was just east of the Slateford Viaduct.

Kingsknowe station was originally called Slateford.


Tags

Station