Slateford Viaduct (1848-)
Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
This is a 14 arch double track viaduct parallel to the Slateford Aqueduct.
Designed by Joseph Locke it is 42 ft high, 193 yds long and crosses the Water of Leith west of Slateford station.
Formerly Balerno Junction was to the immediate west and the junctions for lines to Gorgie Cattle Market [CR] and Redford Barracks were to the immediate east. The closed Slateford [2nd] station was even closer to the east end of the viaduct.
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Gorgie Cattle Market [CR]
Gorgie Cattle Market [NB]
Slateford Railway Laundry
Gorgie West Goods
Slateford Junction [1st]
Gorgie East Minerals
Gorgie East Goods
Old Craig House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian