This very short branch ran from the east end of Slateford [2nd] station, Slateford Station Signal Box, north west to Gorgie Cattle Market.
It was also served by the Gorgie Cattle Market Branch (North British Railway). The Gorgie Slaughter Houses came to an agreement with the Caledonian and North British in 1913.
|/ /1913||Edinburgh Corporation
Gorgie Cattle Market Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Gorgie Cattle Market Branch (North British Railway)|
Agreement between Edinburgh Corporation with the Caledonian Railway and North British Railway over the Gorgie Slaughter Houses.
These locations are along the line.
This was the terminus of a short branch opened in 1910 from west of Slateford station and just east of Slateford [2nd] station. The approach was from the east. The signal box at Slateford [2nd] was replaced with its opening.