This double track junction is between the 1884 Edinburgh, Suburban and Southside Junction Railway and the Slateford to Craiglockhart Curve (British Railways).
A temporary signal box was operated here between 1959 and 1960 when Slateford box took over.
The curve opened completely in 1961.
Immediately to the south the Union Canal passes overhead, affording a good view of the junction.
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
| Exhibition Junction [CR]|
Slateford Junction [1st]
Gorgie West Goods
Slateford Railway Laundry
Gorgie East Minerals
George Watson's College
Gorgie East Goods
Redford Barracks Branch Canal Bridge
Old Craig House
Royal Edinburgh Hospital
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|