Opened on the Ayr and Cumnock Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
This was a single platform station on the north side of the line. It was just over a mile and a half south of the village of Ochiltree.
There was a goods yard on the north side of the station, approached from the west. The station's signal box, dating from 1887, was to the west on the north side of the line at the goods yard turn-out.
The station closed to passengers in 1951. It closed to goods in 1964. The line closed in 1966 between Belston Junction (to the west, excluded) and Dykes Junction (to the east, beyond which closed in 1964).
The station building still stands, in use as a house.
Burnock Viaduct is to the west.
Other railway and industry locations
Burnockhill Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Dumfries House Siding
Whitehill 1,2 Colliery
Dykes Pit No 1
Barony Colliery Pits Nos 1,2,3,4
Knockterra Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|