Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Muirkirk Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This was a two platform station dating from 1896. This is the better known station at Muirkirk which was in use as the lines closed.
This was built east of the Muirkirk [1st] station and the branch to Muirkirk Ironworks, on Glasgow and South Western Railway metals.
The station opened around the time of the completion of the Mid Lanark, Spireslack and Muirkirk Branch (Caledonian Railway), which did not open for through traffic.
At the station services from the west (the Glasgow and South Western Railway) met those from the east (the Caledonian Railway).
The station site is now a private house.
| Muirkirk No 2 Signal Box [GSW]|
Muirkirk Iron Works
Kaimes Branch Junction
Muirkirk GSW and CR Junction
Muirkirk No 1 Signal Box [GSW]
Bankend Pit (Limestone)
Auldhouseburn Colliery Signal Box
Muirkirk Tar Works
Kaimes Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|