This was a two platform station with the main station building on the Ayr bound platform. The goods yard was on the south side, approached from the west. The first signal box was west of the station, between the main line and the goods yard sidings. This was replacec in 1908 with a new box on the north side of the line.
An oil depot (MOD) opened in the goods yard after closure to passengers. This too closed in the 1980s and the sidings are lifted. A station cottage remains on the former station approach road. The line has been singled with the lifting of the eastbound line.
The station closed to passengers in 1951. It was reduced to a ground frame in 1954. (And later replaced with a ground frame).
The station is in St Quivox. Auchincruive House is a mile away to the south east on the bank of the River Ayr. The Auchincruive Waggonway formerly served coal pits in the area but was closed around 1872.
Auchincruive Colliery Platform
Ayr Shed [1st]
Prestwick International Airport
Maybole Junction [Station]
| Auchincruive Coal Pit|
Auchincruive Coal Pit
Auchincruive Colliery Pits No 1,2, 3
Oswald's Bridge Pit
Auchincruive 4,5,6,7 [Glenburn]
Prestwick Oil Siding [1st]
Ayr Tram Depot [Trams]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|