Tarbolton

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Tarbolton (1870-1943)

Opened on the Ayr and Mauchline Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).

Description

This was a two platform station with the main station building on the eastbound platform.

There was a goods yard on the north side, approached from the east.

The signal box was on the south side of the line, east of the station.

The station closed in 1943 and the box closed in 1964.

The line from Mauchline (excluded) to Annbank (excluded) closed in 1983. It reopened in 1988 (ir was reduced to a single track line before 1982). This reduced the distance to Falkland Yard for trains which no longer had to work round via Kilmarnock.

Tags

Station
01/09/2019