This is an island platform station. The typical Cathcart District Railway station building has been replaced with a modern structure. The platform is largely located in a cutting.
A further platform (but no further lines) was added for passengers travelling to Hampden Park Stadium. This platform was south of the station on the west side.
There was a small goods yard immediately to the south, on the east side of the line approached from the north. The signal box (opened with the station) was located at the south end of the station.
Further south, Cathcart North Junction is where the routes to Cathcart and Newton separate.
To the north is Crosshill station.
Mount Florida was briefly the southern terminus of the line before it fully opened to Cathcart [1st].
The signal box closed in 1938, replaced with a ground frame.
| Battlefield [Tram]|
Cathcart North Junction
Cathcart Power Box
Aikenhead Colliery Nos 1 and 2
Cathcart East Junction
White Cart Water Viaduct
Cathcart West Junction
Govan Coal work
Mallsmire Firebrick Works
Queens Park Locomotive Works
Muirhouse South Junction
Muirhouse South Junction [1st]
Hampden Park Stadium
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/03/1886||Cathcart District Railway|
Cathcart Junction to Mount Florida opened for passengers.
|25/05/1886||Cathcart District Railway|
Mount Florida to Cathcart [1st] opened to passengers.